Primal Chocolate Almond Butter Cup: if you consider dark chocolate primal :)
There is no question that my biggest weakness is chocolate. Sure it was difficult to give up ice cream, pasta and bread at first, but now I really don't crave those things at all. But I do crave dark chocolate from time to time. And I have decided that life is just so much better with a square of dark chocolate here and there- so I'm not giving it up!
Anyways, here is a fun recipe I put together this afternoon- hope you like it as much as I do!!
- 2 ounces dark chocolate (at least 70%)
- a couple tablespoons natural (non-sweetened) almond butter
- a sprinkling of trail mix, if desired
- Melt dark chocolate in a double broiler (this means simply to set a saucepan over another saucepan with simmering water in the bottom one. The top pot should contain chocolate only- no water)
- Meanwhile, butter a mini muffin tray
- Pour chocolate one third of the way up each muffin container
- Spoon a dab of almond butter into the center of each container
- Sprinkle some trail mix on top
- Drizzle more chocolate over the top, to encompass the candy
- Chill in fridge til set (a couple hours)