Saturday, August 1, 2009

Don't Eat When You're Full!


Sounds like a no-brainer, right? But think about each item of food you ate yesterday. Were you actually hungry for all of it? Here are my top 3 reasons that I eat when I'm full:


  1. The Boyfriend: Chris is a 165 lb male, and I am a 105 lb female. I don't need to eat as much as him, period. Even though I enjoy eating as much as he does, when I sit down to a meal with him I have to be careful to take my time, and only eat until I'm full
  2. Grazing: I will admit that I snack between meals sometimes. I love food so much, that I will catch myself grabbing a handful of trail mix or a piece of fruit when i just don't need it
  3. Emotional: Food makes me happy. I have used it as a reward system my whole life. I love everything about food- shopping for it, cooking it, eating it. But the key is to separate your emotions from the food. You will feel much better in the end if you don't use it as a reward.
Remember that cavemen didn't have an unlimited supply of food like we do. Food was scarce, and sometimes they would have to go hungry. It's ok to be hungry sometimes. You won't die if you miss a meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment