Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution


Recently I have heard a lot of buzz about a new show on ABC called Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution. I admit that I do not own a TV, but have been downloading clips and episodes of the hit show and am really excited about it.

While Jamie doesn't advocate a 'paleo' lifestyle exactly, he really tries to convince people to ditch the processed items and eat clean, fresh foods. I love that this show is getting America to talk about this subject. With awareness comes change.



I used to be a fast food junkie. I would lie to myself and say things like "well this milkshake has a lot of calcium in it" and "the chicken nuggets are a good source of protein". But deep down I knew that I was doing a disservice to my body. If you feel like you need a nap right after eating, that's a pretty good indication your food is doing more harm than good.

Now that I have discovered the amazing benefits of real foods I can admit that my justifications were complete BS. Not only do you feel SO much better when eating natural foods, but you look better too!

I will be downloading more episodes of Jamie's show. Let me know what you think of it so far, and if you have any ideas for ways I can incorporate his lessons into Evolution Catering!

Live well,
Kat

2 comments:

  1. Im guessing you like the guy. I liked him when he first hit British TV (and NZ) many years ago as the Naked Chef. But then he just because to preachy for my liking. I guess if I was watching this for the first time I would like him too. But I am so tired of him now because he is just so self righteous and patronising. However, I DO like his food as it is very rustic. Gordan Ramsay and him have a bit of a rivalry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment!

    I agree. I love Jamie's cookbooks and his original cooking shows. He seems a little "Disney" in the Food Revolution show.

    But what I really love about it is that it's getting people to see how bad processed foods can be.

    Don't know if it will work, but if the show gets some people to change their ways that's pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete