A couple of months ago while traveling in Paris, I was lucky enough to attend a few classes at the infamous Culinary Academy there. It was an amazing experience!

Before I met my loving husband, my plan was to attend Le Cordon Bleu Culinary School in San Francisco. My life took a different turn which I am very happy about, but a small part of me always wondered what culinary school would be like...

Well, the main campus for Le Cordon Bleu happens to be located in Paris, a 20 minute walk from our apartment. So last week I attended a class there and got to experience culinary school firsthand!


They offer these great 2 hour short courses for amateurs to drop in on. It was so neat being on the infamous campus, being taught technique by real Le Cordon Bleu professors.There was a chef, sommelier and translator. They were all really funny and entertaining and made the class really enjoyable.

The first class I took was called "Food and Wine Pairings" and the chef made the following:

  • Seared Scallops and Mushroom Truffle Risotto with Glazed Baby Carrots


  • Monkfish wrapped in Ham with Cilantro Celery



  • Hazelnut Chocolate Tart with Ganache

And these wonderful dishes were each paired with seasonal white wines. These wines really did go beautifully with each dish!