Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Dinner Challenge 2




Wednesday evenings are always a little difficult for me to plan dinner. We have started running out of food, but still have odds and ends that I don't want to waste. So I decided to challenge myself and see what I could make out of my leftover ingredients. They included:

half a dozen tomatoes
two green bell peppers
half a yellow onion
half a pound ground beef
one zucchini
some mozzarella cheese
the essentials (salt, pepper, olive oil, etc)

Since I had so many tomatoes left, I decided to stuff with them with the rest of the ingredients and then bake it altogether



First I chopped up the green pepper, yellow onion, and zucchini, and through it in my Le Cruset with the ground beef. I browned everything up, and deglazed the pan with a splash of red wine.















Then I hollowed out the tomatoes and seasoned the insides.







Then I stuffed the filling into the tomatoes and popped them in the oven.









Simple, economical, and yummy!


No comments:

Post a Comment